Become a driver of a passenger vehicle for commercial use in QLD
To become a driver of a passenger vehicle for commercial use in QLD there are some essential requirements:
- You will need to be at least 21 years of age
- hold an unrestricted Australian Licence for at least 12 months in the last 2 years.
There are also a few forms and requirements that you will need to complete as part of the laws for Queensland drivers, these can be obtained by visiting your local Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Driver Authorisation -DA
Driver accreditation is a state-wide scheme that informs Booking Authorities and passengers that a driver meets safety standards to operate in the industry.
- BHSL – Booked Hire Service Licence
The BHSL allows your vehicle to be used to undertake bookings as a commercial passenger vehicle. To obtain this licence you will need to have the following:
- COI – a current certificate of inspection on your vehicle
- Change your CTP insurance to class 26
- NB: right hand vehicles only accepted as per guidelines of Department of Main Roads QLD
Please check flow diagram to guide you through the process of obtaining a BHSL
When creating your vehicle listing, you will also need to provide us with your car’s registration details. If you don’t have a paper copy on hand, use the link, screen shot and upload to your vehicle listing on your driver account.
Upon approval of your profile by Dream Rides, you will be posted 2 Dream Rides signs. These need to be displayed in 2 locations on your vehicle when completing a booking.
On front windscreen – on the bottom right-hand side when viewing the vehicle from the front
On rear the windscreen – on the bottom left-hand side when viewing the vehicle from the rear.