Become a driver of a passenger vehicle for commercial use in NSW
To get started please provide us with your registration details, if you don’t have a paper copy on hand, use the link, screen shot and upload.
To become a driver of a passenger vehicle for commercial use in NSW there are some essential requirements:
- You will need to be at least 21 years of age
- Hold an unrestricted NSW driver licence and have held a full Australian driver’s licence for at least 12 months in the last 2 years
- Apply for a Passenger Transport Licence Code (PTLC) to be authorised to drive commercial passengers in NSW. This will need to be added to your licence.
- Obtain a National Criminal History Check online by visiting this link.
- Vehicle Registration
The vehicle must be appropriately registered and safe to be driven on the road. Vehicles will need to have annual pink slip registration inspections even if they are less than 5 years old.
- Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP)
The vehicle must be covered by a valid insurance policy for third party property damage with cover of at least $5 million. Evidence of this will need to be uploaded to our site.
Please be advised that a person cannot be a ridesharing driver in NSW if the person has been found guilty of a ‘disqualifying offence’ – as defined by section 24 of the Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2017.
Please contact email@example.com if you require further information around this.
Upon approval of your profile by Dream Rides, you will be posted a Dream Rides sign. This needs to be displayed on or near the rear of the driver’s side of your vehicle and clearly visible from the outside of the vehicle when completing a booking.